Configit’s industry-first solution enables system-level modeling with 2D and 3D visualization, dramatically reducing engineering effort, risk, and cost
COPENHAGENDenmark , May 24, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Configit, the global leader in configuration lifecycle management (CLM), today announced groundbreaking new features in its market-leading Configit Ace solution.®which takes CLM to the next level by introducing system-level configuration, an industry first.
Organizations must be able to configure not only individual products, but also complex systems of multiple interrelated products or components, which has been a challenge for the industry. Configit Ace now addresses this challenge by providing a complete system-level CLM solution.
With these enhancements, Configit Ace provides:
- System level modeling: The ability to define complex rules and constraints with rich logical expressions that govern the modeling of solutions involving multiple interdependent products, subsystems or components. This means that technical support is significantly reduced and in some cases no longer needed, enabling a configure-to-order (CTO) approach that can be used for both individual product configuration and level configuration. of the system on several products. This saves time and money while minimizing configuration errors.
- System level visualization: Configit Ace can now integrate with the 3D visualization tool Unity and CAD systems such as Solidworks and Autodesk Inventor. This allows new CAD drawings and 3D visualizations to be quickly created in response to dynamic changes.
- Offline configuration at system level: Configit Ace provides several tools for offline configuration at the system level. Virtual Tab® files are made available to the client application on portable devices allowing offline access. Synchronization is performed once internet connection is available and can be done either through REST API interfaces for browser-based applications or via Sharp C client libraries for stand-alone applications.
- Rich Type-Safe integration: For system-level configuration to be successful, it must be able to reliably integrate with other IT systems, such as product lifecycle management (PLM), enterprise resource planning ( ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM). Configit Ace’s application programming interfaces (APIs) have been enriched with data type checking, which reduces errors in interface implementations as well as model change notifications.
- Quote with confidence: For businesses that need to quote large, complex system projects without all the necessary inputs, system-level configuration makes it easy. An initial system solution can be configured based on available inputs and assumptions using the rules and constraints of the CLM solution. When the required information is received, it can be immediately applied and validated using system-level CLM rules without the need for technical assistance. This allows companies to confidently propose projects with on-time and on-budget deliveries.
Johan Salenstedt, CEO of Configit, said: “Until now, system-level configuration involving multiple interrelated products, subsystems, or components has not been possible for organizations using a CLM approach to modeling configurable systems. The enhanced Configit Ace solution is truly a game changer. , enabling more organizations to benefit from configuration lifecycle management, including faster time to market, lower costs, lower risk in quoting processes, and increased efficiency.”
Configit is the global leader in configuration lifecycle management (CLM) solutions and a provider of mission-critical software for configuring complex products. All Configit products are based on patented Virtual Tabulation (VT)™ technology, which has redefined product configuration by providing greater speed and better complexity management. Virtual Tabulation enables Configit to provide powerful, easy-to-use configuration solutions to market-leading global enterprises. Website: https://configit.com/