HFS – HTTP File Server 2.3m (Classic)
Http File Server (HFS) is an easy-to-use drag-and-drop file server for personal file sharing. It runs as a standalone executable and requires no installation. The program is very easy to use, just drag a file into it and share it with the world. You can customize the port it runs on, specify the IP address, and monitor connections from the tray icon. HFS presents shared files on a simple HTML page, which includes the file name and size. With some HTML knowledge, you can fully customize the HTML template to your preference. HFS can also integrate with Windows Explorer, allowing you to easily share files from the context menu.
HFS version 0.26.xx is a complete rewrite of the Delphi version
- It is server software, share fresh files from your disk. Don’t rely on services, be independent!
- Everything is going very fast. Try to download by zipping 100 GB, it starts immediately!
- Easy to use. HFS tries to detect problems and suggest solutions.
- Share even a single file with our virtual file system, even with a different name, all without touching the real file. Present things the way you want!
- Watch all activities in real time.
- Control the bandwidth, decide how much to give.
- virtual file system
- mobile-friendly front end
- look for
- resumable downloads
- download folders as zip archive
- simple website service
- log file
- speed accelerator
- admin web interface
- virtual hosting (plug-in)
- anti-brute-force (plug-in)
Why should you upgrade from HFS 2.x to 3
As you can see from the feature list, we already have some products that you can’t find in HFS 2. Apart from that, you can also consider:
- it is more robust: it was designed to be an always-on server, while HFS 1-2 was designed for occasional use (transfer and shutdown)
- passwords are never really stored, just a non-reversible hash
- more flexible permissions
But you may still want to stick with HFS 2.x (so far) for the following reasons
- no longer tested
- classic window interface (may be easier for some people)
HFS – HTTP 0.26.2 File Server Changelog:
- fix: regression on plugins
- new default for mime types will cause video files to automatically stream
- some other fixes
Get notified of all our software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
Report a problem with the article